Friday, December 10, 2010

We picked our venue!!

So, if you got a personal notice that I was engaged, excuse me WE are engaged. You heard us discuss a simple, non-traditional, cocktail reception... something I have ALWAYS wanted. Then he proposed and started thinking about what HE'S always wanted. And we were both surprised to find out... Richard is traditional. He wants it all. Now he has spent weeks pleading his case with me. He doesn't want to regret anything... he doesn't want ME to regret anything.

I decided to hear him out... I may be a bridezilla, but this is his wedding too. We started to look at different venues, trying to find something that was an equal compromise.

I think we did. We're having the BIG wedding with a cocktail reception... the best of both worlds.

I don't know if it was a rookie mistake, but we picked the very first place we visited... I wanted to hate it, I wanted to look around, but I couldn't. I fell in love as soon as we pulled in the parking lot. I fell even harder when we met our wedding co-ordinator and he started to show us around. For the first time, in my life, I pictured MY wedding. I knew it was the place and the best part... FIREWORKS. Yes my friends, there will be FIREWORKS at my wedding!

So now the BIG reveal... where is it happening? LaSalle Park in Burlington at Geraldo's .


I guess the vow to NOT plan has died, but its all SO exciting we can't stop!

I can't wait to get into the nitty-gritty of it all.



No comments:

Post a Comment