Saturday, January 1, 2011

18 months to go... Let's Introduce the Bridal Party!


So we picked the venue and the date. We announced our engagement to the world... its now time to introduce our bridal party (yes, that includes the men!)

We wanted to keep everything small, but still share the moment with the people closest to us.

Richard's BEST MAN

Dave is brilliant, but that's not why Richard chose him to be his best man (well, not the only reason). 

From Richard... Dave is my best friend thus making him my best man. We met when we were in the same class in grade 7. At the age of 12 we enjoyed the same things…skateboarding and Nintendo 64. We weren’t as close through high school but still remained friends. Near the end of high school we became close friends again.
Since then Dave and I have done a lot together. We both got out first motorcycles in 05. We’ve taken trips to Ohio for bike races and don’t forget the awesome cottage parties. Dave and Cassy are our couple!

Dave is the perfect guy for the job and his reaction when I asked him to be the best man proved it!

My BRIDESMAIDS

Cheryl is my biggest fan (aside from Richard). She has been the cheerleader in my life for the past 10 years. She is strong and sensitive, supportive and creative. She has spent most of our friendship putting me back together, which is NEVER an easy task.

Cheryl restored my faith in love and marriage when I shared in her special moment almost 2 years ago. I am so excited to have her on my team and can't wait to get to the nitty gritty of planning. Cheryl is also a thriving business woman with a booming business in event planning; she is offered to share her knowledge (and connections) to make my BIG day flawless.

Cheryl is a goof and will keep me laughing even when I want to cry. Love you!


Cassy is my newest friend and bridesmaid. We met through our men, in fact Cassy was the first of Richard's friends that I met. Dave and Cassy were on our first date to see Angels and Airwaves in Toronto.

Cassy and I bonded over Sex and The City and Grey's Anatomy. She is one of Richards dearest friends and loving girlfriend of our Best Man, Dave. Cassy is patience and kind, quiet and thoughtful. Richard considers her as much his best friend as Dave... It helps that she makes wicked cookies.

Cassy is a perfect addition to our team of experts. Love you!


Richard's GROOMSMEN


From Richard... Colin is technically my cousin in-law but I just call him my cousin…its easier that way. When he married Sherry we immediately got along, again sharing the common interest of motorcycles. Over the years of knowing him we've become great friends. I'm his mechanic and he is my detail guy.
He is also my “Mr. officer” if I get in trouble.

Being an only child I never got to have a big brother. Colin has more than filled that role for me and that's why I need him to stand with me on that day!


Ian and I met in our tool and die pre-apprenticeship course at Sheridan college. If anyone gave me a hard time, my bodyguard would sort it out. Being 6’8” Ian can be intimidating, but he has the biggest heart.  We also share the same interests in machining, bikes, cars... pretty anything with a motor. He lives in Ft. Mac and has for the last 3 years… hopefully not for much longer.

Ian and Melanie get along like two peas in a pod and I think that he thinks of her like a little sister. He's just one of those guys, that if I ever needed ANYTHING he would be there in a heart beat.

For that reason he's in my army of men.

Our Ring Bearer

Ethan is the MAN! He is only 3, but will be 5 for the wedding. He is the spitting image of my brother and a perfect man for the job. He is SO smart and will look absolutely adorable in his little suit. Love you little man!








Our Flower Girl
Rylee is the cutest little bug-in-a-rug and suits are wedding party perfectly. She's tough as nails, adorable as hell and up for anything. She's Colin and Sherry’s youngest daughter and is only 2 now but will be 4, the perfect age for our little flower girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment