Saturday, November 5, 2011

I have a florist!

I am so excited to say... WE HAVE A FLORIST!

Lucky me spent the day with my long lost friend, Cheryl. We drove around Burlington taking in the sites... I showed her the venue and the potential (and very likely) Stag & Doe venue. I introduced her to QB's... Mmmm... all of this to find a florist.

Now you've read my previous posts... wait, you haven't??? Go ahead. I'll wait. I need a pee break anyways.

...

Now that you're up to speed... you know the terrible time I have had trying to find a florist, that let me be me, while still pretending my ideas are the best thing EVER! I wanted a florist that would nurture my craziness and work with me to create something original. More than anything I wanted someone to get excited about me and my wedding. I found all that in Don; the owner of LaJardinere Flower Market in Hamilton. His name came to us, highly recommended by our very talented cake maker. He was/is everything I needed. We spent more than an hour with him going over ideas and brainstorming new ones. He talked bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages and centre pieces. He explained how things could work and offered ideas for things that might not.

I am thrilled with his ideas and I can't wait to work with him closer to the date.

My bouquet has evolved to include orchids... the very same orchids to match the grooms boutonniere. All of the groomsmen will match Richard, although his will stand out.



For the Dads we opted for the same flower, but in white. I thought it would make them stand out from the bridal party, but still matching for the pictures.

As for the Moms... Liz has requested Gardenia's, which are apparently a pain in the ass to deal with, bruise easily and smell terrible. I'm not surprised... if something can be overly complicated Liz will sus it out. Mum hasn't requested anything, but we're hoping for tulips although both designers said it probably won't work. I said anything was fine as long as it was the most spectacular corsage. I even ordered a corsage for Sophie... nothing too flashy, but I didn't want to leave her out.

Don even worked in the centrepiece-esque flowers for the extra tables. Which I didn't expect to include.

Oh yeah and the coolest part... he is all for the all green bouquets for Cassy and Cheryl. I can't wait to see how those turn out. I haven't found any pictures online to show you what I mean, but I promise it will NOT be weeds or grass... lol

I think that is everything... and its all for well within my anticipated budget. Wooo! Don even offered to deliver everything to me at home on the day of the wedding. I am so thrilled I got to meet him, he has resurrected my love of flowers and I am excited about everything wedding related.

On the side... I think we found the Stag & Doe venue... details to follow, but everything is falling into place.

Hopefully I can see Cheryl again next week for a little bridal shopping... its time to order the bridesmaid dresses, but I need to find them first ;)

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment