Thursday, November 17, 2011

What a day!

What a day yesterday was. Happy RING-aversary! It was one year ago, on November 16th, that Richard and I got engaged. I can't believe it has been an entire YEAR! Why am I not married?!? Ha!

I got troubling news about my Dad, but I think we're going to be ok.

My good friend (and co-worker) got ENGAGED! Congratulation Eileen and Brandon!! Eeeeeeeeek!

And an un-made wedding decision came back and bit me in the arse! My mother, whom I love, but can't trust with a secret to save her life, took it upon herself to share the shattering news that there will be no kids at the wedding... she shared this news with my 9 year old niece; who has been talking about my wedding for MONTHS. She told MY niece as my niece was looking at dresses to WEAR to my wedding. ARGH!

The frustration is we haven't decided about kids yet. So there was no need to tell my niece anything. My Mum claims she is FINE with it, but my niece always seems to be fine with disappointment (much like me) but I don't believe it, because I wouldn't be. ARGH!
As for the 'kids' thing... in case, anyone reading this has kids and is invited to the wedding... we have talked about this for a long time. We are leaning towards no kids... because we want an uncensored wedding, where all the 'Moms' and 'Dads' in our lives can come and rock out, with out concern for their little ones that will be safe at home with the babysitter (or family member we don't know, that will obviously NOT be at our wedding). We are paying for an open bar and want everyone to ABUSE it. This paired with my discomfort of drinking (aka getting drunk) in front of little people.

We haven't decided on this fact, because we have a lot of wonderful families in our lives with wonderful kids that we don't want to offend.

Some of you reading this are rolling your eyes and know its partly a cost cutting measure... we're trying to keep numbers down as well, but I promise that is not the main reason for contemplating this decision.

As for Solstice... in my eyes (and I am trying to convince Richard) she isn't a kid... she's my niece. She's my world and I have been a huge part in raising her. She's a huge part of the small family I have and it would mean a lot to her to be included, but how do you say 'No, kids'... and than have a child guest of honor. Answer... You pull the bride card, which doesn't appear to be working on Richard.

Long story short... I am furious with my mother for telling Solstice anything... either decision it was mine to make and share. Hmpf.

Wedding planning is stressful... eloping looks better and better everyday. I wish we could just have the wedding we want without considering anyone else, but that of course is impossible... especially with the mothers in our lives.

I am going to post this... I'm hesitating, because its conflict and might upset people... but the blog is honest. The blog is my thoughts... and I don't believe anyone really reads it (sorry if you're a loyal reader ;)

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment