Monday, April 16, 2012

Let's start at the beginning...

Friday.

After a busy day at work I rushed home in time to connect with Cassy and drive up to David's Bridal to meet Cheryl. We had an appointment at 6. We were going to find AND BUY the dresses Friday night. We couldn't hum, ha or wait any longer. Its up to 10 weeks for delivery and its less than 11 weeks till the wedding. Its a little close, but we can make it work.

This experience was so much more than I expected (given my first experience with Smelly McLazy as our helper). Sadly I don't know our helpers name, but she was lovely. We had TWO change rooms (yes, its like they knew we were coming); we sat down with the catalogue, before given our choices to Helpy McLovely Pants (HMP for short). We picked a half dozen styles and she disappeared to find them in both Cheryl and Cassy's size.

**Note: if you are using this blog for wedding advice and in the middle of planning your own wedding, congrats and don't go to David's Bridal on a weekend. Schedule an appointment for a weekday evening, the experience is much more pleasing.

They came out in each dress and we discussed what we loved, hated and didn't really care about. We fell in love with only one dress, the most expense (oops), and ordered them in Canary Yellow (because 'Sunbeam' isn't in Canada yet).

I also ordered a dress for Solstice from the Junior Bridesmaid catalogue.

We should have them in about a month and they will come right to my door. Yay! I am very excited to see them and so relieved to check that off of my list.

After David's we wandered over to Michael's Craft Store. I got pearls, string and green ribbon to make my head band for the big day.





I think it turned out perfect. I am excited to see it with my big hair this Friday at my first hair appointment with Wanda. It conveniently worked out that my hair will be perfectly coiffed for the Stag & Doe that night. Woot!

Speaking of the Stag & Doe... we got a lot of planning done, I think its really going to be as amazing as I have hyped it up to be. The closer we get the more support we're getting and I can't WAIT to see the final product. 4 more sleeps!

Friday my head hit the pillow late into the night, but I got a great sleep and I could finally relax. I can't wait for all of this stress to be lifted and for life to get back to normal. I'm done.

Love!

PS - Stay tuned for Round Two and Three.




1 comment:

  1. Wow.I wish you had your wedding first... I would have totally copied that hair idea. I love it!!!
    The dresses look great too!

    ReplyDelete