Friday, March 9, 2012

Sorry kids... no more pictures.

**Richard SKIP THIS POST... love you!

Ok, maybe just one (at the bottom to prevent Richard seeing anything), but you can't tell much from it ;)

**Side note: He is not snooping or asking questions, he very much respects the fact he is not suppose to see me (or my dress) before the ceremony.

Right now it looks like a pile of white fabric with a lot of pins in it. It is a HUGE step up from the Muslin fitting 3 months ago (3 months ago, wow time flys). I met with Susan this afternoon to try on my actual dress, which seems surreal considering we have been talking about it for 9 months. I was nervous (and now relieved, in case you can't wait for the punch line) when I first paraded into Susan's studio... up on the wall (the picture you see below) was my dress. It hung poorly on the hanger and looked like a mess of white-ness, nothing distinguishing at all. Then I had to put it on... with out getting stabbed by the thousands (not exaggerating) pins. Again, my heart sank... it didn't fit right and fell loosely on my frame, but then -- then she went to work, pulling, tucking and pinning (yes, more pins). I loved watching it take shape. Its MY dress... the one I envisioned, the one I wanted. I am so excited to try it again and again. I have my next fitting March 28th... and then we wait. I will probably go back in early May and than early June and finally the last week in June I will pick up my dress and take it home (to Cassy's house) where it will live until July 1st.

Its all coming together... I can't believe it!!

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment