Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Wedding stuff.

This is the wedding blog and I try VERY hard to keep it positive, but there are very few positive things about planning a wedding. There is a lot of compromising, crying and disappointment. Mainly because I am not rich and I can't have everything I want, the closer the wedding gets the greater that realization becomes. Now this isn't a 'I'm a spoiled brat' comment... its a poorly managed expectations comment. In the beginning, as a bride, you dream big and figure everything will just work out, but the closer your date gets the more you have to cut, because logically or financially it doesn't make sense. That is ok in the beginning, because your hope of arriving on a unicorn was a bit extreme. This task gets harder and harder, because I am running out of things to cut in order to afford the wedding, while still making it original and amazing.

Right now in jeopardy is me... I have to start looking at the beauty regime I wanted and the image I wanted to be on the big day. I can't afford everything and things have to get cut, but its sad to think of this beautiful venue, with a stunning dress and than no jewelry or veil... no make-up or special hair, because its just not in the budget anymore... I also didn't know how badly I wanted those things until they hit the chopping block. Now granted not having perfect hair, skin and teeth on the day will not take away from the day for anyone but me... it doesn't mean I won't have a good time or that my marriage is doomed to fail... its just sad that I won't feel like the princess and the part of the wedding planning process I was most excited about won't be happening.

I am not trying to be vague, but the tanning, butter fly implant, special make-up, spa day, mani-pedi have all been hacked out of the budget. I am still fighting for shoes, but even those might fall away to flip flops, but I can't justify them. The new outfit for the wedding night and the honeymoon have also been cut. This isn't a pity post, but a realistic view of what it is to plan a wedding. There is disappointment when the budget just won't stretch, but I am feeling selfish and wanted these things for me... on the big day that I never wanted... I just wanted to feel beautiful and amazing. It is the little things that matter most.

Oh well.

Sorry to be a downer... I did do exciting wedding stuff last night, that involved the dollar store, but I am trying to have some surprises on the big day.

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment