Monday, May 28, 2012

Dresses!

On Friday Richard called to tell me a BOX had arrived. I squealed, because the only thing left to arrive was the girls dresses! Eeeee! Then he sent me a picture of said 'box'.

But after hours of racking my brain to figure out what else I could have ordered (Richard wasn't at home to open the box and relieve my anxiety). I finally opened it and YES it was THREE dresses. They need to be steamed, but otherwise they look great.


The only downside (because isn't there ALWAYS one) is a little brown SPOT right smack dab in the middle of Solstices' chest. Hmpf. I called David's Bridal and they told me to bring it in... now the reason I paid the 'shipping' costs was so I didn't have to drive back to David's Bridal, which I guess I still don't, because today Richard is taking the dress back to see if they could fix it... otherwise it is an adorable little dress (the only one we hadn't seen ahead of time).

Hopefully it all gets resolved with out much trouble, but who knows with the luck I am having. On the upside... no one will be naked at the wedding.

Cassy made a pit stop after work and collected her dress... she says after a fashion for Dave, she still loves the dress. Yay!

Things are coming together... slowly, but completely!

Love!

UPDATE: Richard took Solstice dress to David's Bridal and they removed the stain. YAY!

UPDATE2: Now there is a twoonie sized spot, where they tried and FAILED to clean it, but told Richard it would dry and be fine. It's not fine. I am currently battling it out... hmpf.

UPDATE3: Val, from David's Bridal, just called me and offered me a few different solutions. 1. take a chance and order a new one, but the predicted delivery date is Aug 7.
2. take a different dress in Canary Yellow (which is in store already), but is Chaffon and only available in a size 12.
3. a white dress with a yellow sash
4. a refund to cover the costs of dry cleaning and travel.
I think we're going with option #4... I'm going to bring the dress to a dry cleaner for an opinion before I decide. So many things in Solstice's life are second hand, I want this to be perfect for her... I don't even care about the spot anymore. I just don't want her to settle. I want her to sparkle.

1 comment:

  1. What about getting her a green scarf to wear over her dress??? it could tie in a knot in the middle of her chest and cover the spot???

    ReplyDelete