Friday, October 21, 2011

I am going to try and write an organized post... wish me luck.

Venue: (aren't my little heading helpful?)

Geraldo's at LaSalle, July 1, 2012. Not much new to report on this avenue, but we did schedule our Menu tasting for January 17th and our details meeting for January 10th. Although, that might change. I recently learned about the menu tasting. Its group evening, they set up the room as if for a wedding and every table is decorated different. So you can review the tables and decide which you like... settings, colours... etc. We might move our detail meeting to AFTER the menu tasting, but we'll see. I am excited to be making progress. Just over 8 months. Eee!

Cake:

Just a mock up of our idea
This Chick Makes Cakes. You've read about her recently and my growing affection. We have finalized the size of the cake and the detail... we are just waiting on the contract. Although in all the excitement of our 'tire' cake we forgot about flavors and actually haven't discussed it, beyond the yummilicious cake we sampled a few weeks ago.

IttyBittyWoodShoppe. We have ordered our very fabulous cake toppers with a little surprise for Richard. Mike has been very accomadating and with a vested interest in motorcycle he loves our idea. He will be starting our toppers in early January.

Hair:

Wanda. I need to make an appointment with Wanda for a cut, colour and practice. I am really looking forward to this. I can't wait to see what she has in mind. I know I want my hair down, but that's it. I have no ideas for hair pieces, style or accessories. I think I am going to plan this for Early December... in time for the Christmas party.

Dress:

Designs by Hart - Susan Hart. I think the world of Susan. She is so patient and thoughtful. She has this positive energy about her, that makes it OK to change my mind 100 times. Which I have. However I did send her the green light to start making my dress this morning. I can't wait to see it. We're going to meet in late November for mock-up fitting in cotton. I debated ordering a dress, but everyone said the same thing... no dress will fit you like a custom dress. It a bit of a splurge, but I think we can handle it. Yay! 

Photographer:

Trigger Happy Photography - Ken Wan. We haven't changed anything since our engagement shoot, but will firm up our wedding package in early January. We both think Ken is an amazing photographer and we are thrilled to be working with him. 




Invitations:

PaperTalkShop. We ordered a sample and got it in the mail yesterday. It is perfect. I'm just little sad with myself that I couldn't pull it together to make them myself, but after seeing the sample I knew NOTHING I did, would look that great and capture the essence of us. We are currently emailing about the wording, but should have this finalized and ready to order in early December. We want to get these by the end of January to send them overseas.  


DJ:

Christopher Frei. My brother has agreed to be our DJ for the event. He knows about all things computer and music. It seemed the ideal fit... and I am even happier that he won't be getting a mic to share embarrassing stories of me. We're going to rent equipment from Long & McQuade including 2 speakers, a cordless mic (for Aunt Sue) and a lapel mic for our minister. We are currently working on our play list, but its going well. We have picked our introduction song and my Father Daughter song... the jury is still out on the Mother Son song. 

Accommodations:

The Waterfront downtown Burlington. This is exciting news... we blocked of the rooms for the wedding (message me for details) and with our reception at LaSalle we get a nice discount. We also booked our room for the wedding night. We will be staying in the King Corner unit with a view of the bay. Honestly, a king-size bed is all that mattered for our first night as husband and wife. We even booked the room under 'Mr & Mrs Pridham' *blush*

Honeymoon:

Sandals in St. Lucia. If you hadn't guessed already from the pictures. We will be staying in a penthouse suite for 6 nights (July 3 - 9). We're still working on the flights, but we have complete faith in our travel agent , Remi from Flight Centre. She is working her magic this weekend at the Travel Expo looking for deals. Maybe even a upgrade to first class... cross your fingers. 


Minister:

Uncle Bruce. We are hoping to talk with Uncle Bruce in the next few weeks. Hopefully he is as excited to do our ceremony as we are to have him. On a personal note... I wrote my vows this week and I am thrilled. I think they are just enough to make Richard tear up, but not enough to embarrass him. I am sure I will change them a few times more, but for the most part they are all done. 

Stag & Doe:

???. We have called a few venues and started collecting prizes, but nothing has come together yet. We can't even figure out a date... every time we do there are road blocks in our way. We sat down with Dave & Cassy last night to discuss, but it was more of a discussion to talk about it later... lol 

Bridal Party:

Groomsmen: Richard has ordered his suit and started the alteration process. He does look yummy in a suit. We have decided on the groomsmen attire as well and now it is just a matter of finding the ties (or eliciting the help of my very talented dress maker ;)

The Ladies: I'm not sure where we're at. I thought we had picked a dress, but both ladies have expressed interest in a shopping trip. We're going to plan to get together in late November. It should be a fun day out with the girls. 

Decor:
Riricreations- Rita. We've decided to have a more extravagant honeymoon and pull back on the decor. However we have been talking to Rita about making a few personal items to include. She is very excited about our ideas and I will hopefully finalize everything by the end of the year... its taking sometime to collect all the info.

We have also started collecting the wedding pictures and the first to step forward was my Dad with his wedding album to my mother... pictures I had never seen before, but I am thrilled to be able to include them in our big day.

We also found a few flowery things at Fortino's just to add a little green to the room.

Florist:

I don't know his name. I am getting the details from Kristy (the chick making our cake). We aren't going to have centrepieces or flower pieces. I just need a florist to make the bouquets and corsages. I am still on the hunt for a good price for yellow tulips in July, which will need to be imported from New Zealand (which is even more fitting, giving that that is Nan's favorite place in the world).






That's it kids.... you are all completely up to date. Whewf... its been a busy week, but I am glad things are moving along.

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment