Tuesday, December 13, 2011

I was being sad and Richard fixed it.

I was being sad yesterday. This wedding planning has been challenging, but throw in a Dad with Cancer and its all kinds of stressful. I am not making light of this fact or using it to gain sympathy, but it is fact and I can't hide from it. Him being sick has changed the process of wedding planning, because we are ready at the drop of a hat to move the wedding as early as needed to promise that he will be there. I, as a daughter, need my father at my wedding. There is no one in the world that can give me comfort like he does. Despite our troubled past... I still feel safe knowing he is out there ready to jump in and protect me by any means necessary and I am terrified of losing that security. Sorry to take this light hearted blog post and make it go to a dark place, but I was being sad and Richard did fix it. He fixed it because he is amazing. He fixed it, because for an hour I didn't stress or cry about my Dad. He fixed it because he loves me and would do anything to make me smile.
So last night, with a sucky Melanie in tow (in PJs), Richard headed to the jewellery store and we bought our wedding bands. The single ring I am going to wear for the rest of my life, the ring that connects me to Richard even when he is far away... this ring, makes me happy.



His looks something like this.
What are the rings? Richards is a Cobalt 8mm simple band, with a beautiful mix of brushed and polished metal. It is the very same ring he has been looking at for the last 2 weeks and last night we found it... in his size, on sale. Fate wanted us to buy his ring.
the $1300 ring, see it is pretty!



That very same fate wanted me to buy my ring... We'd been looking at wedding bands for me for months. I wanted something very simple, but Richard wanted to buy me diamonds (he is a good man), but my engagement ring is on a 2mm band and every ring we saw was so thick it trumped my engagement ring and I wasn't ok with that so we kept looking. I finally found a ring I loved... a pave eternity band, but it broke the bank at $1300. We all know how cheap I can be, but I loved the setting. We found it in half eternity (Not sure if that is real, but the diamonds went half way around) and it was beautiful. I had seen it in a few places, but they never had my size. I could never try it on and I could never leave with it. PLUS with our honeymoon booked I knew I could get that very ring for half the cost on the island. Fast forward to last night, we found a rounded, 2mm band that fit me beautifully and decided I will be the lucky girl to wear three bands... my engagement ring, my wedding band and my honeymoon diamonds ;)

The Ring I bought and will wear for the next 100 years.

I am glad to check that off our lists... and glad to have a very small thing to smile about. 

201 days... yay!

1 comment:

  1. WOW ! this nice ring ,its nice collection .Thanks for sharing this article and ring .This is nice blog and its price is not big.......
    Eternity wedding bands

    ReplyDelete