Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Muslin Dress Fitting

Its everything I have been referring to as a 'cotton' or 'mock-up' fitting, when the technical term is a Muslin fitting... Muslin is a loosely woven cotton fabric and it is used to determine actual fitting. That's worded poorly... basically it is a rough draft of my dress and it allows Susan to pin and colour portions of the dress without ruining the fabric of my real dress.

I love learning the inner workings of my dress (and the dressmaking industry in general), to think Susan made a full dress in a cheap fabric all to avoid multiple cuts on the actual dress.

I do have pictures, but I need to make something VERY clear...

RICHARD STOP READING HERE!
(he doesn't read this blog, but just in case)

Now bare with me... its just a mock up, with out the inner workings of a real dress... and I am wearing black panties and a black bra with straps which is funny in and of itself.

Susan is going to wait till January to buy the fabric, when she has been promised new materials are arriving... maybe even something more amazing and more affordable than my polyester blend...


I look like I am lunging at the camera, but this is only because I pricked my arms SO many times on all the sculpting pins that I was afraid to put them down and I also had a wave of concern about the dress falling off.

There is a second picture, but blogger doesn't like it and won't let me post... maybe later. I am hoping to take a picture every step of the way to document the life of my dress; the most expensive piece of clothing EVER.

I feel like I don't even need to say it, but just in case... it will fit SO much better than this... the gathering of fabric is lose to allow room to alter on this version.

Ok... that is the only update I can give you today. Get ready, because I am sure January will be a big month of updates with lots going on.

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment