Thursday, June 21, 2012

10 days to go!

How is it already Thursday?!?! Where did my week go? I am not ready... and with the anticipation shouldn't this week be crawling by because I am SO excited. Isn't that how time works?!?! What the F*ck Father time??

Ok... its Thursday and I have to deal with it.

10 days until the wedding... and I feel very 'ready', but its a matter of trying to organize the masses. If I didn't have a rehearsal party... I would be SO much more relaxed and ready, but trying to get everyone organized and up to Acton isn't easy. It's stressful.

Not to mention a minister who REALLY wants to see the venue before July 1st, but lives 3 hours away and groomsmen who forgot he didn't own a black suit. Hmpf.

This post is to welcome my dress home... yesterday I had my final meeting with Susan (I am going to miss her) and my final fitting. The dress is stunning... I can't wait to see everything come together (hair, make-up and dress) I think I will finally FEEL like a bride... which is getting closer, but I am not quite there.

I even have a picture of my dresses triumphant trip home.



Ha ha!! You thought I would actually post a picture?? Well, that is my dress... in my trunk. I guess I will never be the girlie girl that cares about the crumpled mess... The dress is fine, it just had to travel in my trunk, because my car was too little to hang it. I can feel a few people gasping and uttering words of shock that I would treat my dress as such... and to them I say 'RELAX'.

Last night I also dyed my hair from brown to black... I have a week for the colour to settle and then it shouldn't run anymore. I also heard from Wanda and we are all set to get our hair done on Sunday... 9 am sharp ladies.

Richard and I also hit up Shoppers Drugmart for our final shopping list. After forgetting the bathroom bag (with tooth brush, paste, deodorant and cologne) at the cottage we had to replenish before the big day... I also needed a few more pieces of make-up; powder, lipstick and eye liner (also lost with the bathroom bag). We found everything and then some... I think we're finally all set.

We need more Hershey kisses, but let's be honest, we can buy those early... we have to wait, because I can't be trusted.

The best part about yesterday was watching Richard as he realized the length of his 'to-do' list... now, before you get all 'poor Richard' on me, his list is half the size of mine and even he admitted he has done VERY little up until now. Last night in the car I asked him what he needed to do on Monday... he slowly replied 'reserve the speakers and order the balloons' (gold star for him) I said yes... then he thought it would be a GREAT idea to make a list... day by day of all the things he has to do... this was his undoing...

As he started to make the list... I started to add to it, all the little jobs he has to do through the next week. It amounted to a LONG detailed list that had him in a cold sweat... poor guy. Everything will come together, but its nice to be able to share the stress... because this has been my life for the last 18months.

I am so excited for this to happen... to be his bride and marry  my best friend. I am ready!! Or as ready as I will ever be!

Bring on the VOWS!

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment