Thursday, January 5, 2012

So much to share!!

Less than 6 months to go and the planning has picked up!

In fact, January will be the month that we order EVERYTHING (that we haven't yet). First we worked with our cake maker for a little surprise come midnight, that I am so excited about. We also picked our cake flavor... it took a bit of negotiating, but we've decided on a Vanilla Cake with Butterscotch Butter Cream. Mmmm... I am all about the cake. Richard seems excited too. I also spoke with our cake topper maker and he is shipping the little guys off to us this week! Eeeee!!

I ordered some of the decor pieces we decided on, starting with the HE/SHE posters, which are probably the cutest feature of the wedding. We each created lists of 'He is...' and 'She is...' we're having those list transcribed in calligraphy and framed for the signing table. Most of the list is a surprise to each of us, some of the list are cute, some are funny and some will only make sense to Richard and I.

I have also finalized the guest list with ALL the details, which so far was the biggest feat. We're sitting at a small (ish) wedding with about 89 people. Granted stats say 11% will decline the invite and another 3% just won't show up... it still puts us over our minimum and gets everyone we love with us on the big day. I am currently negotiating the invitations and will be ordering by the end of next week, which makes this entire process so much more real... and surreal. In fact we will be sending them out (to the out of province people) by the end of January. My hands are cramping just thinking about all the writing, but it will be worth it.

Hopefully today... or tomorrow I will be ordering the next quirky thing for the reception. Caricatures of Richard and I, for everyone to sign. (jump and squeal) I am so excited about this! As always, there is more to it, but you'll have to wait till the big day to see.

I have to confirm everything with our florist and pay the deposit. Cheryl, Cassy and I need to get together to pick our Bridesmaid dresses and we need to meet with our potential minister, who has almost said yes, but wants to sit down and discuss before he commits to us. Lastly we have several meetings with the venue to discuss details and menu. All of this is going on with a intense workout regime and diet. It should be an insane couple months with lots of posts.

Can't wait!

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment