Sunday, June 10, 2012

I think I've gone crazy!

Today I went and tried to finish the shopping.... Tried because I can't find a headband for Solstice (which will happen, but I'm being picky).


I finally got a cork board for the seating chart and scoured the aisles for cute push pins... Nice push... ANY push pins, which was a tougher feat then I expected.




I settled on pins, but they only had white ones... I wanted green ones. So... I painted them.



Crazy, right?!? No one is going up notice or care, but they turned out great... So, hmpf.

I will update once I have them together and maybe even a peak at the final seating chart.

Love!

UPDATE: Last night I cracked open the Cork Board and spent an hour cutting and pasting the names on to Bristol board. Then I cut around each box and found a picture from my engagement shoot. I had everything all set until I realized the pins were too long.

Unwilling to give in I grabbed the wire cutters...


This project has taken on a life of its own, but I have an idea in my head and I have to make it work. I am also stuck on the fact that this is the introduction to the reception room... its the first piece of me everyone will see and dammit I want it how I want it.

The shorter pins worked... after a bit of grunting, swearing and pushing.


And the final board was something to be proud of.


And no one will ever understand the work it took to make those DAMN pins.

One craft project down... a half dozen to go. This wedding will be unique is it kills me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment