Monday, June 11, 2012

So much things

My head is spinning there is so much going on right now.

I expected it to be like this, but with the summer quickly approaching I didn't expect work to eat into my evening hours. I honestly expected my wedding to eat into my work hours, but that isn't happening; pair that with an absent Richard (work is good, but the timing is terrible) and a dwindling countdown my head is, as above, spinning.

I will need this honeymoon.

So what's been going on... well, we crossed the 3 week mark, today is LESS than 3 weeks until my wedding.... until my sanity returns.

Where to start... shopping.

I finally got the cork board (previous post) and a full length mirror... because I recently realized I have no way of looking at myself the day of. I bought more Hershey kisses and this time I WON'T eat them... lol.

I still need to get Solstice a head band and find 50 Shades Darker (for the honeymoon read).

I need to order the balloons and reserve the speakers (Richard is jumping in here).

I need to revise my flower order, because we will have tulips. Liz found a supplier in Holland that has tulips. She ordered a bushell and they will arrive in Hamilton (at our Florist) on June 29ths... plenty of time to put together my bouquet OR revise the plan (if the tulips don't work). This should change the cost with us supplying the flowers BUT I think I will use the balance to buy bouquets for some ladies that need to be thanked.

My Mum finished the garters... which she made from the lace of her wedding dress, which my Nana made for her. I love the sentiment and I can't wait to see them... there are two so I can throw one and keep one. I have decided to incorporate one into my 'wedding dress shadow box', which is a post wedding craft project I am pretty excited about. It will show all the stages of my dress with a fabric sample and ribbon sample. I think it will be something to cherish for the rest of my life.

As for my dress... I had my final fitting on Saturday. Cassy came with me to Toronto to learn how to tie me in. I think its pretty straight forward, but someone needs to know how it works. There are still a few kinks to work out, but I am loving the dress more and more. Susan even surprised me with a veil... which is a surprise for the Moms's. Both wanted me to wear a veil, but I declined... until I tried it on with my dress and loved it. Susan really is fantastic.

We skipped our meeting with Bruce (scheduled for Sunday) because he wasn't feeling up for the drive, but we had a lovely phone conversation last night. He really is a passionate man... we talked for near an hour about the ceremony, the vows and the programs. I think he is looking forward to the big day, but has some obvious concerns about the venue having never seen it before. I am sure it will be fine... its an open field with little worth viewing, beyond the old trees (which I love). It was decided that between my nail appointment and the rehearsal we will connect with Bruce and show him the site... we want him to feel as comfortable as possible.

The programs... which are turning into more trouble than they're worth, are ALMOST done. I saw this cool design with pictures...



... so I made one for us. I never intended on having a program, but the ceremony requires it and in the heat of July, people will need something to fan themselves with.

I put it together (as above), Liz took on the task of printing it (while adding her touch so it looks nothing like above ;) and once Bruce approves the wording/layout I think its done.

Ummm... the rehearsal is planned, well it is planned as much as we need it to be. It will happen on the Saturday (just a quickie on the Thursday at the venue) at Colin's house... it will be an early afternoon BBQ. I am looking forward to it... a casual night to relax and enjoy the company of our families and friends. I know the next day will be chaos... so a calm before the storm is needed.

Wow... this the longest post yet!

Umm... just a few payments left and everything is done.

I can't type anymore.. there is more to share, but I am pooped!

Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment