Thursday, June 14, 2012

Make Up!

I got to spend last night with the lovely Miss Mallory.

We had a make-up consultation... I had asked her months ago to do my wedding make-up, after all she's been my guru of style since I was 12. She accepted and we met last night to run through what I wanted... my answer... to look beautiful.

I don't wear make-up. I have never had fake lashes. I don't know about illuminators. I wash my face every morning and night and I moisturize... that is the extent of my beauty regime, but Mallory has an arsenal of tools, tips and tricks.

I hunkered down in their bathroom and we got to work... with Jo anxiously hovering outside the door (I love that woman... she is my Mom #2 and I realized last night, their house is my going home. It is filled with love and memories. I love the Beeks.) I felt 12 years old again with Mallory painting my face filling me in on the gossip of her life. It took about 45 minutes... but the results we're COMPLETELY worth it.






I surprised myself when I looked in the mirror... and then I couldn't stop looking. I feel ready to get married... weird, right?! I needed to sort this out and now having seen my dress, my hair and my make-up finished... I know I will look and feel like a bride in 16 days (Eeeeek!)

Then we had time... so in typically fashion we kept going and an hour later (and half a bag of M&Ms) my hair was done too... curled to the nines. I was way to done up to sit around... Richard popped in for a surprise visit and we went to dinner... on the way I used every reflective surface to get a peak at my new face.

Thank you Mallory for giving me you time... the best gift I could ask for. I am so excited to have you there with me as I get ready on July 1. It will feel right.



Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment